Welcome!

Pottery is a wonderful craft that some are able to take to the art form. It is in that spirit that I welcome you to this blogspace. If nothing else, go to the blogs that I follow to see some of the artists in the field. It is amazing what some people can do with clay, fire, water and some colorants. Many creations are functional, many are just deliciously beautiful and some are both.



Thanks for visiting.



Recent vase

Recent vase

Search This Blog

Welcome to New Holland Pennsylvania Pottery

So glad to have you along in this blog.!

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Latest firing

Still having trouble figuring out how to edit this blog, but I am undeterred.
I am grateful for all the people on blogs that I follow for taking the time to post pictures of their work and stories. Very inspirational but also comforting to hear of both artists' struggles and successes.

I reclaimed a batch of clay and have been wedging it and using it to make press molded dishes. (It is not quite good enough in consistency to throw, but it is fine for hand-building.) My son is taking a hand-building course at Millersville University this Spring, so I am hoping to learn some techniques from him as he progresses.

I'll post some pictures when the kiln finishes in a few days.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment